I came home to hear that the 25 peeps we just got yesterday (that I hadn’t even seen because I was home late) were all dead, bitten through the neck. They were out in the other room of the goat barn, which we’ve used as a brooder before, generally but not always successfully. And the board we had up to block easy access from the goat room had been taken down, so we could have access to the goat room. Rusty didn’t tell me at work because she didn’t want to spoil my day. $57 blown to Hell. Next step: reorder, set traps, set new birds in the house for a week or so, give them a sealed space thereafter. I’m pissed.
I hate the natural order