I had to write this up for Rusty, so I figured I’d post it here for whomever.
Creamed Curried Greens
1. Wash and chop enough greens (purslane, lambs quarters, mallow, chard, spinach, etc.) to pack a 3 quart covered microwave-safe casserole. DO NOT put the greens in the casserole yet. Greens do not have to be dry.
2. In a small bowl, mix the following:
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 TBS ground coriander
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
3 TBS water
3. Add to the empty casserole 4 TBS (1/2 stick) of butter. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir in the contents of the bowl. Microwave for another minute.
4. Add the greens, and sprinkle 1/ tsp of salt over (sea salt is good). It’s OK if the lid doesn’t quite come down; the greens will cook down quickly.
5. Microwave 5 minutes on high; stir.Nuke another 5 min,; stir. Give it another 2 minutes (so 12 min. total) to make sure greens are tender.
6. Stir in 1/2 c. or so of any of the following: cream cheese, sour cream, or yogurt, depending on what you have and how creamy you want it. You may of course omit this (and sub oil for butter) if you have an irrational aversion to animal products, but then you no longer have creamy greens.
7. Serve and enjoy.